News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Song save...not remembering LH & RH sounds

Started by lee, February 04, 2015, 04:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Hi guys,
So, I am working on a song Memory (Andrew Lloyde Webber)
I set everything up the way I want, then I do a SAVE SONG with all checks on (Save All)
When I bring up that song...the LH & RH sounds are not correct.

Am I doing something wrong here??
Or is there a bug?
Thanks,
Lee

lee

Dan,
It does not work here.

5) Now that your prefered sounds for that song are set, select any sound for the Left hand and for the Right Hand (from the My sound bar, or not) Thoses sounds will be your 'startup' sounds, when you will load again the style. Ready to play the intro.

I used sounds NOT from the My Sounds Bar

5) Now click on SAVE SONG, and dont forget to check the checkboxes  :  YES, I did, all boxes are checked.

Also, the Orange area is wrong...
I have Warm Pad in L and I have Piano/Strings in R....it says Piano in L and it says Warm in R...
So something is really wrong here.
Remember I use SD-1000. MIDI out 1 is set to use SD-1000 as sounds.

Lee

Dan

lee

Dan,
OK, I see how MY SOUNDS work and I did some samples.
But...I do not see how to have MY SOUNDS By STYLE??
It is talked about in the manual here:

'This framework contains two lines of 10 stamps each will be called MY SOUNDS bars.
The top bar for RIGHT or right hand accordionists can contain up to 10 stamps chosen from the
library VOICE stamps, these stamps are directly accessible at any time during the game for the
lower LEFT or left hand bar ( agreements) for accordion has the same characteristics.
BY STYLE with activated (bar VOICE) 10 stamps and 10 stamps UPPER LOWER can be
associated with each STYLE to be immediately available.
'

So where do I get to have MY SOUNDS By Style? I don't see the option..I hope it is there?
That is a important thing to have...that way each song can have a MY SOUNDS set to use for that song.
Lee

Tidom

Look at the panel "SAVE SONG " you'll find the line My SOUNDS BAR

lee

OK..I see that..THANKS!
Now a question...Can I have more than 1 My Sounds Bar or is there only one?
The ideal would be when I select a style...the My Sounds Bar for that song comes up, so each song I create has it's own sounds to select for play??
Can I do this?
Thanks,
Lee

Lylo

When you save the songs, It's in line four "My sound bar"

Tidom

Lee !
For that : You have to build a MYSOUND BAR et then you'll save your SONG as shown on Lylo Pic above !

lee

OK..so can I have more than 1 My Sounds (soundbar)?
How do I save/recall a different sound bar?
Thanks,
Lee

Tidom

Lee (Excuse my bad english )

No a Soundbar is not a file that can be saved .
Each Song can have 2 lines of 10 Sounds.  Don't you think it's enough !
So !
To have a SoundBar from a saved SONG to play with another style you have to load one first SONG with his own SOUNDBAR.
Then you call the second style with no SOUNDBAR.
In this case the SOUND BAR is the one of the first style loaded.
Then you save the second style with the SOUNDBAR.
Both styles will have the same MY SOUND BAR.

lee

Tidom,
OK,I think I see how it works.

I can use the same Sound Bar for any/all styles (songs)
Or I can design a Sound Bar for any style (song) and save it with the style(song)
Then when I select that style(song) it will bring in the Sound Bar I saved for it.

I can do this for any/all Styles(songs)

All I need to make a Sound Bar is sounds that I made by doing a save right or left (using multi R1, R2, R3, L1, L2 etc) . OR I can use any single sound on the right (sounds to add to the Sound Bar.

Do I see it OK??
Thanks,
Lee

Dan

You set the MY SOUNDS bar like you want , then SAVE SONG with the MY SOUNDS BAR checked.

You do the same for the next song

Now you can see that every song will have its own MY SOUNDS bar.

But your first question was more about saving the current sound.

You set everything in RIGHT 1 2 3 4 5  then SAVE RIGHT SOUND

You give a name to your new sound for example  MYPIANO+STRINGS, and select a sound group. For example PIANO.

The point here is that this new MYPIANO+STRINGS sound can be used for every song you like.

To find this MYPIANO+STRINGS sound again, you need to click on the RIGHT or LEFT track, close to the master fader, and go to the PIANO group you have decided before.

If you want, you can drag & drop this new MYPIANO+STRINGS sound inside your MY SOUNDS bar, but this is optional

When you SAVE SONG, if you check the RIGHT/LEFT SOUNDS, it will call the sound MYPIANO+STRINGS when you load the song

I personally prefer to create new sounds that I can reuse on many songs, but I will add more possibilities, because many people don't like this 2 steps approach, but prefer to create sounds that will be used for 1 song only

Dan

lee

Dan,
OK, I see how it works...pretty nice. With the style music I play...I see how this will be fine.
I also see other view about 2 step process.

Both are good, so let's be able to do either one some day??

Also, some day it would be nice to have a option to have the OTS or STS or whatever style type uses it...to be able to fill the first 4 places with the DEFAULT sounds setup by the Yamaha, Korg, Ketron etc style programmer....WOW that would really be nice and for those used to having that on their HW arranger...they would be happy. It would be cool and a would give everyone at least a start on he sounds for each style.
Then after the default comes in, we could modify & resave just like a HW arranger offers.
Thanks,
Lee

Dan

Yes OTS & STS from styles can be good to add for a next version too

lee

Dan,
In talking to folks that play HW arrangers (Yammi, Korg Roland etc) and those on Synthzone general arranger forum..MOST use and like the STS or OTS that each style has...at least as a good place to start.
If you can make it happen it will be a good selling point.

Lee