News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

using pc microfon input in va2

Started by tthoms, February 01, 2015, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tthoms

Hello,
in behind the goal, to use only a pc with installed va2 and a pa for a gig, it would be nice to use the pc microphone input for singing together with the varranger-software-synthesizer. This should give a mixed pc output signal for the pa without to have a additional mixer. Is there a possibility, perhaps with a vst- plug-in to realize that? I'm dreaming about a integrated  vocalizer (like tic-helicon) into va2. Who knows .....

What are your experiences in conjunction with singing and va2? Which infrastructure you are using in that case?
Thank you for your opinions about this theme.
Kind regards
thom

agaton

You can do that but quality of Mic Input of PC Sound Card is miserable.
Before you make that, you need to instal ASIO4All Driver. One external
audio card with Mic Input will be better choice. To time, you can find many,
many, cheap audio cards, just for 30 to 50 Euro you can have so one audio
card and much better quality as with integrated PC Sound Card Mic Input !!!
In a word, you need one external audio interface with Mic Input, and everything
will fall into place. It must not be the best quality audio interface, but one wich
has all what you need.

tthoms

hello agaton
thank you very much for your hints. I agree with you, that a solution wit an external soundcard will be the better solution. I'm using actually a behringer uca202 usb soundcard in the cubase application as microphon input. That works fine without earth problems and noise.

But I have the problem that the microphon input in both cases (internal and external sc) need to be "routed" to the output of the corresponding soundcard. In cubase it will be done by cubase itself. If I use only VA2, the microphon input will not be heared on the VA2 audio output. I have to run another audio application like cubase who will bring the microphone input to the
audio output.What we need in VA2 is an selectable audio input, that could also be from a external soundcard, who's signal will be added to the main mix of the VA2.
What do you think about that?
Thom

Lylo

Hello, Dan also want this feature but we have to wait because this option is a risk for the stability of vArranger.

You can use Cantabile lite for your plug-ins, it's more indicated than Cubase.

tthoms

Hello,
and how Long you will waiting.......

Lylo

I'm happy with the actuals features of vArranger, I can waiting for a long time, I just want a quality software for music.  :)

v.muller

The automatic vocal harmonizer and PitchCorrector could be nice add on for vArranger.
Here is a nice vst plugin that could be useful:
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/kerovee.html

v.muller

I have Studio Condenser Microphone SAMSON C03U.
It has own high quality A/D converter and USB output.
So it is not connected via sound card. And the sound quality is realy good.

Dan

I will try to add microphone input to vArranger