News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger Synth

Started by Bernie9, January 17, 2015, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I am using the SD2 now but wondered if I could get similar quality without the extra baggage of a separate module.
I tried to get my head around VST's, but don't know enough to set up hosts etc.

I use a Surface pro2 and installed vArranger Synth, but it does not show in the Midi Out window. Both windows show my interface and the right window show the Ketron modules.

Dan

Can you post your MIDI PORTS screenshot

mrgentleman

Hi Bernie !

I have used sondfont patches/instruments/Banks since late 80:s. And there are some good banks out there - I have created some sondfonts my self to - in the past and here is a good example how it may sound.
But you should of course use your Ketron SD 2, if possible - it is always more reliable in the live context. SoundFonts are usually cheap or free and some VST plugins for the format too - but I use Sample Lord and its unfortunately not free ! And if you use vArranger you can naturally use your own sondfonts to ! It's really that simple !

Cheers Michael

SoundFont Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mxwz6iqy3euut4/soundfontproject1.mp3?dl=0

Bernie9

I just had to initiate it again during set up.  For the most part it seems to work, and would use it if I didn't have an SD2 and SD4.  I think it is worth bringing the module.

I like all of the choices now for right hand sounds.  How do I make a list of left hand sounds .

Bernie9

Thank you Michael

We posted at the same time.  It sounds good, especially if I played a sax that well.  As you say, my trusty SD2 is safer for gigs.

Dan

Wow that sax sound ! Very nice song & playing !

Bernie, to change left & right hand sound, click on the left & right track, close to the master volume slider

Bernie9

On my version, I found that to the right of "MY SOUNDS" is " Right" and toggles to " Right and Left", giving you 20 right or 10 each L+R.  I presume this what you mean.  Very nice.

I am wondering, also, whether to re-organize my "SONGS". In the beginning, I made a mistake and named each bank the title of my song, instead of a genre or style category.  This,of course, means that each bank has only one style. I don't know how many banks one can use, but it is getting a little awkward scrolling horizontally.

This was done before any English manual was available, and now see it is wrong.