News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Recommended PC for VA2?

Started by lee, January 08, 2015, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

So....what is the minimum or better yet recommended PC for Va2?
Is XP OK or do you need W7 or 8?

Guys what are you using & why?
Thanks,
Lee

Donny

Hello Lee,

for me Windows 8.1 is perfect, loaded in some seconds (3 to 5 seconds).
It is actually. Windows 7 is very good too. XP is out of date.
vArranger 2 works very good with Windows 8.1.  I use the 64 Bit Version.
I have two laptops with 16 GB Ram,  SSD,  one of them is a dual core intel and
the other one is a quad core intel.

Many Greetings,

Roland

n9bhd

Hi Lee.  I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram and a modest amd E1-1500 apu rolling at 1.48 ghz and varranger run great!!   :)

cirerenrut

Hi Lee
I am running a Samsung laptop model RF711 icore7 with 8gb of ram operating Windows 7 on 64bit. And for my desktop I am running Windows 8 with a HP pavillion with an AMD A6-540K processer at 3.60 GHz with 6 GBof ram on 64bit.
Both machines are trouble free and are running vAarrange2 and my Daws and vsti's without stuttering.
Hope this helps.
Take care
Eric 

jbg31792

Hi Lee

I'm using a MacBook pro 13" snow leapord, upgraded to mountain lion, and with boot camp running windows 7.

This is working fine for me with half the 13" screen displaying song chords and the other half displaying the lyrics text.

John

lee

Thanks for all the sugestions...so now another question...
What size touch screen is the minimum to comfortably run vA2??
I like the Microsoft 12" Pro 3 with 8.1...but I'm concerned that is too small a screen for touch work on vA2..AND my eyes are not as good anymore (65 yrs old here)
Lee

Pekilik

22" or higer will be very good for you, I work with too touch screen (22" & 23") and I very satisfied with size buttons.

lee

OK, Pekilik....I think your right...
ALSO, Will vA2 Run OK on a XP machine??
Lee

Dan

lee

Bernie9

For what it's worth, I have used vArranger on everything from a desktop with 22" screen to a 10" tablet.  I find the 10" a bit small, but my 12" Surface Pro 2 running 8.1 is fine for me on gigs.  From my perspective, a tablet allows me to easily transort it and qickly set it up in a way to be easily seen by me but does not obscure my eye contact with the audience.

There is always a downside, and that is accurate fast selection of tracks etc, on the fly, with it's touch screen. My songs are configured in advance so that I need to change very little directly on the screen.  I use an Axiom controller with all navigation and values on the switches and sliders.  When I do need something changed, I select it by touch or my wireless mouse.

Everyone has different priorities and ways of playing, so, they all work fine as far as operation is concerned.

Dan

I also today prefer Laptops or tablets. I can easily take it for gigs, or vacations with the Korg Microkey 37, or play in train...