News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

BACKGROUND COLOR OF SONG CHORDS CHANGES FROM GREEN TO GREY

Started by jbg31792, October 28, 2014, 11:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

I appreciate all the help I've been given, but I'm desperately in need of help now to understand why the lyrics that I'm typing in from the vArranger screen are not staying in memory after being saved.

I have four SONG CHORDS that I've been able to save the LYRICS TO, and they stay in memory. Also, the background color stays green after clicking on those four SONG CHORDS.

But now, every time I try and save new lyrics to existing SONG CHORDS the background color changes from green to grey. And the LYRICS are lost.

These are the steps I'm using:

1. LOAD on the vArranger screen
2. Locate the folder where the song files are located
3. In that folder is another folder named SCORE
4. In that SCORE folder is a list of all the PAT files, MP3 Format Sound, STY. Files, PRS files
5. I click on one of the SONG CHORD files that I want to type in my own lyrics to.
6. vArranger screen opens up with that SONG CHORD hilighted in GREEN
7. Click on LYRICS
8. Type in some LYRICS
9. SAVE TEXT at the top of the LYRICS screen
10. Click on the SONG CHORD that I want to save the LYRICS to, and Right click on ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC

At this point are the LYRICS SUPPOSED TO BE saved?

But as soon as I click on one of the other four SONG CHORDS where the LYRICS have already been saved, that SONG CHORD loads perfectly with the LYRICS showing and the SONG CHORD is hi-lighted in GREEN. But now when I click on the SONG CHORD that I've just tried to save with the new LYRICS, those LYRICS are now lost and fail to appear.

Also, the background color of this SONG CHORD is now GREY instead of GREEN.

Thank you for your patience with me,

John

Dan

I will change something in vArranger so it will be more simple to add Lyrics

jbg31792

Thanks Dan, but I've got an immediate problem.
1. Every song chord that I've tried to add lyrics to does not show up with a green background color any more. So you can't see what song is currently playing in the song chord column on the left side of the vArranger screen. Because all of the song chords are grey in color until you click on a song chord and then it supposed to change to green.
2.  Now, while one song chord is playing and I scroll to another song chord and click on that song chord to play, vArranger won't play the new song chord anymore, it just keeps repeating the one that was already playing.
3.  If I choose a song chord that I haven't tried to add lyrics to it remains green when I click on it. And if I play that song chord and choose another song chord that I haven't tried to add lyrics to, then vArranger will allow that song chord to play.

could you please look at my computer?

Thanks,

John

jbg31792

Hi Dan,

You said that you're changing something in vArranger to make it more simple to add lyrics.

1. Will this change correct the current problem I'm having in vArranger where the current SONG CHORD that is playing is not being displayed with a GREEN background color? i.e. The song chords where the lyrics are lost after saving them.

2. How long will I have to wait before you will make these changes?

3. Wouldn't it be easier to just respond to my emails and posts and show me, in the steps that I've already listed, what I'm doing wrong? Or, write out all the steps necessary to add lyrics typed in directly from the vArranger screen?

I know you're very busy, and I've spent many many hours over the past year trying figure out this out, to the best of my ability; and right now, after I've successfully saved four songs with the typed in lyrics, I've run into this green background color in SONG CHORDS not being displayed. Is this a bug in vArranger, or is it something I'm doing that's wrong?

Please let me know something.

Thank you

John

Dan

I am back from a bad flu :)

Can you send me an email with your ID

http://www.varranger.com/support.exe

I will try to see what is your problem with the GREEN color :)

Dan

The new save lyrics feature is just added. 

- Load a style
- Click on LYRICS
- Write some text
- Click on SAVE

This will automatically save your text in a new rtf file, in the SCORE folder, associated with your style.

Let me know when you are ready to try this new version

jbg31792

Thanks Dan

I sent you an email with the ID # and list
Of song chords that don't turn green anymore.

I am so ready to try the new version.

I left my computer on ready to connect

Thank you

John

Dan

I have installed the new version in your computer.

Be careful of the new view in the MY SONG section.
You now only see one folder at a time, and to go back to the previous folder, you need to click on it's name, on top of MY SONGS.

Now it is simpler to add Lyrics to a song. Simply write some text, and press SAVE

What you did was a big mistake.     you put songs & styles in the SCORE folder.
The score folder is only for images like JPG, PDF... and texts TXT RTF...   

When you use the ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC...  don't associate a style, with another style ! but only images or text.

I have deleted all the files inside the SCORE folder, and only let the lyrics and jpg.

Let me know if all is OK now

jbg31792

Thanks Dan for all the complicated work you did in solving the problem that I had created in causing the SONG CHORDS to remain GREY instead of turning GREEN. And many thanks for this huge update with the new version. I love the new view in the MY SONG SECTION.

Just to be sure:

After I load a style
Click on LYRICS
Write some text
Click on SAVE TEXT (in the LYRICS box)

After I click on SAVE, I get a POP UP notification that says: DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THIS TEXT IN A NEW FILE, ASSOCIATED WITH THE SONG: BLUEBERRY HILL 54BERRY?  YES or NO

AM I supposed to click YES? And then are the LYRICS automatically saved in this NEW FILE?

I think this is where I somehow managed to put the SONGS and STYLES in the SCORE FOLDER by always clicking YES to this pop up window, before you made the changes. I need to understand how I did this, so that I never make that mistake again.

Thank you,

John

Dan

You click YES to the message.
This is a new message coming from the new version.
Before it was not saving anything, if the file was not already present.

Most of your errors, was because you pressed ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC, and then you select a style and not a text or image.

jbg31792

Wow!

I've been typing and saving lyrics all afternoon with no problems. What a joy this new version is to work with.

That makes sense to me now what happened when I Pressed ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC and then selected a STYLE instead of TEXT.

One question. When I type in LYRICS save them and then come back later with an EDIT, sometimes, not every time, in the EDIT screen the chords aren't aligning up over the TEXT and mirroring what I originally saved in the LYRICS screen?

Again, thank you Dan for this stunning update to the vArranger.

John

Dan

You need to enlarge the lyrics screen a little bit, so the longest line you have written can be fully displayed

jbg31792

Thanks Dan, that was the key I needed, to enlarge the screen so the longest line of my LYRICS is fully displayed.

The SONG CHORDS and color edited LYRICS are all now appearing with lightening speed. I've never experienced this with either SOLTON OR KETRON equipment before.

I can joyfully say, you've solved this problem.

Thank you Dan,

John

Dan