News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SD 1000

Started by mrgentleman, November 03, 2014, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrgentleman

I have ordered the modul Ketron SD 1000. What's to know about this modul with vArranger, to this date ??? Please let me know ! Updates ! Problems ! etc !
Regards Michael

Dan

Congratulation for your new SD1000

Yes, you need to update the firmware of your SD1000, for vArranger
http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=524&Itemid=201&lang=eng

When this will be OK, I will send you the latest version of vArranger to be sure you are OK with the SD1000

We are waiting for your review :)

Dan

mrgentleman

OK  Dan ! THX !
I don't have it in my hand yet, I ordered from Thomann and estimated delivery was on 12/11/2014 - but I gonna update the modul asap and come back to you
later when done and I love to get the latest version of vArranger.
Regards Michael

agaton

I had two Ketron SD1000, one with 1.1 Update and one with 1.0 version.
On SD1000 with 1.1 Update I had many problems with Poliphony and
Portamento Legato on right Solo side, when two or more sounds in Legato
Mode were. On SD1000 with 1.0 Version I hadn't any problems, only Chord
Recognition is not so good like on 1.1 Version. Maybe it was with Version
of vArranger on this time, I don't know if Dan in Versions after that fix this
Bugs, but I stay on 1.0 Version of SD1000, because it is no way to go from
1.1 to 1.0 Version again.

cirerenrut

I have been running a SD1000 for 2 months, updated to version 1.1 at Dan's suggestion and it is working great with vArranger with no problems.
Eric

jolon28

The same for me. I run the version 1.1 of the SD1000 without any problem since some months.
For me, this module sounds greater than the SD2. The Implementation of SD1000 effects in VArranger has began in the beta 8 version and is on the todo list of Dan.

mrgentleman

Ohh !
Thanks, folks for the update about the SD 1000 ! Do you have to replace some sounds with any other (vst) module, that maybe not sounds that great on the SD.... How have you guys solved it - in general ???
Appreciate everyone's statement.
Regards Michael

agaton

Quote from: jolon28 on November 04, 2014, 10:21:25 AM
The same for me. I run the version 1.1 of the SD1000 without any problem since some months.
For me, this module sounds greater than the SD2. The Implementation of SD1000 effects in VArranger has began in the beta 8 version and is on the todo list of Dan.
Do you checked to play two or more sounds on right side with active "Monophonic" and "Portamento" on each of them ?
When it OK is (without "Glisando problems") than are the Bugs  fixed and I shall go to 1.1 OS version of SD1000.

mrgentleman

MY , my - I had to wait !
Finnaly - there it is, my new KETRON SD 1000, and I like the modul so far. How do I know what firmware I've got, or do you all think I have
to update anyway ? Tested all day (yesterday) and no problems there at all. Midi songs, connected Studio One and more - never failed
once - yet, that will say. OK ! What now ? Should I have some updates for Varranger too ?
Regards Michael

Dan

Yes you need to update your SD1000 to be able to use vArranger correctly

Let me send you the latest vArranger version

Dan

mrgentleman

THX Dan !

I downloaded the new file but it says "Please download and install the latest version of vArranger Software Synthesizer" and after that it works flowless - I think.
It shows vers. 1.17.83.

Regards Michael

Dan

You need to download and install the second program that I sent you in the email

Dan

mrgentleman

Sorry I missed that ! Thanks again and keep up the good work. You are a Rock my friend.....

/ M

Dan

For the SD1000, I have added a first try with its crazy DSP thing :)

There is note a good documentation on it, and I have to discover things.

OPTIONS / EFFECTS can show the SD1000 effects