News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

VArranger not receiving SD2 data=no sound

Started by jbg31792, October 14, 2014, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

I wasn't able to use the vArranger and SD 2 at gig yesterday with approx. 50 people present.

This is the first time that this has happened in over 4 years.

When using SONG CHORDS, The SD 2 is transmitting data through the Cakewaly usb midi interface UM 2G, but no sound is outputted from SD 2 to PA . vArranger is not showing any data signal is received from SD2 .The blue light on SD 2 is not flashing when data is  shown to be transmitted through audio interface.

The SD 2 is approx 4 years old with no updates. Serial Nr. B6AC16009N.

The MP 3 won't play through the PA but sound and plays through the computer speakers.

I tried repeatedly pushing the PANIC button, but there was no flashing blue light on SD 2 or sound from the PA.

I triple checked all connections, and am trying it at home with a combo amp and speaker, but nothing works.

Please help.

Thanks,

John,

jbg31792

On my setup at gig: MIDI IN  TRIPLE PLAY
                             3rd MIDI IN.  DISASTERS MIDI foot controller
                             MIDI OUT  2 1(UM 2G), Ketron SD2
                             AUDIO OUT:  ASIO:  ASIO4ALL v2, HDR Audio Speaker 1 + HD Audio Speaker
                              With BOSE L2 system, NO SOUND

Set up at house:  MIDI IN:  NONE
                          MIDI OUT: 2 1(UM2G),  KETRON SD 2
                          AUDIO OUT:  ASIO4ALL v2
                           WITH Amp and speaker, NO SOUND

Using the vArranger Software Synthesizerfor the MIDI OUT the SD 2 works perfectly with the vArranger and outputs the sound through the computer speakers.

Thanks,

John

Dan

Maybe, you have moved the switches on the Roland UM-2G midi interface

The Midi Thru should be OFF.

jbg31792

That was the problem Dan.

I had moved the MIDI 1 THRU from OFF to ON. And I had experimented moving that THRU switch to OFF at the gig, but when I couldn't hear any sound, I moved it back to ON.

B U T  I didn't think to reset the MIDI PORTS like I did tonight.

Everything seems to be working ok.

Any ideas why my MP3 still will still only playback on the computer speakers instead of the pa speakers?

Thank you so much Dan,

John

Lylo

I have sometime the problem, it's really scary.
For the audio perhaps have you the multimedia driver selected, you must have the Asio driver.

Dan

On the ASIO4ALL advanced page, look at if there is separate audio outs for PC Speackers, and PC headphones.

Try to activate the 2, or only the one you want.

In vArranger, when you select the ASIO OUT, if your ASIO card has more than one output, you will have a second list to select the right OUTPUT.

Maybe you can select Headphones or Speackers

jbg31792

When I click on the Asio4all icon from the TREY I see WDM Device List: CIrrus Logic CS4206A(AB77)

I don't see the advanced pp for the asio4all, it might be there I'm just not seeing it.

I tried downloading the latest 2.12 vs for asio4all , but one file evidently didn't download.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I remember seeing at one time a second list of outputs for the vArranger, and I think headphones
were mentioned, but that second output list has disappeared from the screen.

Thanks,

John

Dan

jbg31792

I've found an advanced option from the icon trey for asio4all, but it only lists latency
Compensation, and
Three unchecked boxes: 1. Alow pull mode (waveRT) buffer offset. There's a sliding scale
And it's currently set on 4ms
2. Always resample 44.1khz-48khz
3.force WDM driver to 16bit

John

Dan

Can you send me picture screen of that? I want to see all the sound cards lines

jbg31792

Thanks Dan for solving two problems that I had. 1. Determined that my loss of sound between the SD2 and vArranger was caused by my accidentally changing the MIDI 1 THRU setting from OFF to ON the on my Roland UM 2G audio interface. This probably happened when I put other cables on top of the audio interface in my carrying bag.
2. Spent a lot of time figuring out why my MP3s would only sound through the computer speakers and not the PA system.

Also, helped me better understand saving lyrics and associating the lyrics with the SONG CHORDS?

This one on one with the vArranger Developer is more than worth the price That I paid for this amazing software.

thanks Dan,

John

Dan

Problem solved. Thank you for your appreciation.