Can I insert my own loop to vArranger as a Percussion track?

Started by Eram-Live-Band, October 11, 2014, 01:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eram-Live-Band

Hello everyone;

I recently came across vArranger2. I'm totally new to this software.

I mostly play oriental music, and I have oriental percussion loops (wave file). My question is, can I insert a loop as a percussion track into this software? or basically, can I make my own style, using samples?

There is no demo of this software to try, so I can't answer my questions.

Thanks in advance.

necdetdoni

Hi..

Dan knows best.. but in my idea; you can create a .sf2 file with your loops than you can use in Varranger..if you like to use in perc. track you must edit your style..
Regards.

Eram-Live-Band

I usually open Kontakt in Logic, and create my own oriental loops. but how can I create SF2?

Also, is there a demo version of this software, so I can test them before buying it? because I'm not sure how capable this software is.

I have Korg Pa3x, and I don't use original drumkits, I usually create my own loops and insert it in. Now I want a software as my virtual arranger, so I don't need to compress the wave before insert it into my keyboard.

Lylo

In the Beta version you can use Kontakt inside vArranger.

Dan

I plan to add wav audio drums loop support in vArranger.
This is quite hard to be able to change the tempo ot the wav, and stay in sync with other midi tracks.

For now, you can use a software like Recycle https://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/
This software help to cut the wav loop, and create a midi track and a SF2 file.

The midi track should be imported in your style (on the PA3X for exemple)

It's not that easy....

But when I will release an update with audio drum support, it will be easy.

Just to be sure....
Do you need to change tempo of the loop?
Do you need to play the automatic arranger tracks with the audio loop?
The PA3X can change the tempo of the loop in realtime, in sync with the midi tracks?

lazman

Hi everyone,

I just started using the vArranger software yesterday and I must say it is an amazing experience.

I also own a KORG Pa3x and I use audio loops often, either as Drum or percussion tracks. Adding such a feature to the already amazing vArranger software will make it invincible!

To make some clarifications :
1 The pa3x is capable of playing the audio loops in real time alongside the other midi tracks in a style

2 the PA 3x is capable of changing the tempo of the audio loop without any pitch changes.

Thanks again, Dan,  for this great software and for the great updates.

Dan

Thank you for sharing your first experience with vArranger !

There is many way to manage audio loops. I will add it !

Eram-Live-Band

Thanks for your kind replies.

In Pa3x, you can do time slice on a loop(in sound section), and import it to a style (in Style play section)

the problem with Pa3x is a limited RAM. also, it reduce the quality of the sound when you import it.

if vArranger can load my loops, then it would be a perfect virtual arranger for middle-eastern or whoever that doesn't play the stock style!

Answering your qs:
Do you need to change tempo of the loop? Yes... but even on pa3x, time slice won't work perfectly. You can usually adjust the tempo -/+20 from the original tempo of the track. otherwise, it would mess up the loop and sound out of place.

Do you need to play the automatic arranger tracks with the audio loop? I mostly like to have a Drum, Percussion, Bass, Acc1-5 track to be played by vArranger connected to a midi player, and use my own sound library. then I can play the melody with Kronos X. 

The PA3X can change the tempo of the loop in realtime, in sync with the midi tracks? Yes, and as I mentioned, it won't be perfect in all tempos, but it's how we use korg/yamaha's product for ages lol.

Dan

Ok. It is slicing the wav.

Can you send me one style +the wav to go with, so I start working on this

Dan