News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Recording and Aftertouch

Started by ovation99, September 26, 2014, 09:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovation99

Hi,Can anyone answer a couple of questions I have.
1) How to record a performance with VA2, either midi or mp3
2) How to activate/setup/operate aftertouch.
I am sure some genius on here can answer these questions...I hope anyway ;D

ovation99

Dan

Do you use the internal software synth & VST, or an external MIDI hardware?

ovation99

Dan

To record the SD2 sound, you need to plug the SD2 audio outputs into an audio recorder, or the PC soundcard input with a resoftware.

In vArranger, you can use the OPTION / SONG CHORDS to create an accompaniment for a song, and save it as it for vArranger, or export the song as midifile to work on it with another sequencer software

Dan

If your midi keyboard sends the aftertouch, vArranger should send it back to the SD2...
I don't remember if the SD2 aftertouch is OFF by default, and I need to open it with a SYSEX message
Let me know what you want to do with aftertouch

ovation99

Hi Dan,
My intention was to use after touch to bring in another instrument layer or effect.

Dan

In most synths the after touch is only giving some vibrato to the sound you are playing.

Which keyboard allows to use after touch to bring layer or effect?

Might be a good idea

ovation99

Hi Dan,
I am using a M-Audio Axiom 61 but hope to be getting a Novation SL MKll soon.

Dan

I mean, the thing you want to do with vArranger and aftertouch.... Do you already do this with another synth?

ovation99

Hi Dan,
The only synth I use is the SD2, but my Axiom 61 has the facility, I believe, for aftertouch as it's only another switch which be able to trigger another action, such as an additional sound to existing one on a particular channel.

Also, is there a way to save additional start-up configurations? For instance when using a different keyboard controller?

Thanks