News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Varranger and TC Helicon harmonizer

Started by 4partmusic, September 02, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4partmusic

I am running vArranger through a Ketron SD4 controlled by my Yamaha MOX6 and using a rolls midi buddy foot controller to control the arranger parts.  I am using a Midisport 2X2 USB to connect.  Everything is working fine. 

I am trying to add a TC Helicon Voicelive Play GTX into the mix to get vocal harmonies. Right now I have the harmonizer connected to the midi out of the Mox6 with the keyboard set to transmit on channel 1 and the TC Helicon set to receive on channel 1 but it will not change with the chord changes. 

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar set-up and could possibly give me some ideas of what I am doing wrong or if it is even possible.  Should I connect to the SD4, the out of the USB Midisport or drive it from the computer as a separate midi device? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Terry

4partmusic

I got it working.  I just ran the second midi out of my m-audio 2 X 2 and it is picking it up. I may need to pick a particular midi channel to get a little better response.  It sometimes is a little slow to lock the harmonies in.

Thanks,

Terry

Dan

It's strange that it does nto work with the MOX6 midi out.
Using a second midi out from vArranger adds some processing time, but it's ok. Left1 channel (3) can be used