News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Left Hand Sounds

Started by ovation99, August 12, 2014, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovation99

Hi, I hope someone can help here.
I am sure when I first started using VA2, I could select voices for the Left Hand to use on top of the chords I play.
For some reason when I select left hand voices to play over chords, there is nothing, yet VA2 is still recognising and playing the accompanioment, but no layered sound
Please help a Newbie.

Dan

To change the left hand voices, simply press the LEFT track, close to the master volume fader, and select sounds.

ovation99

Hi Dan, yes that's exactly what I am doing, but no lest sound.
The midi indicators are showing activity and chord recognition is working and the styles play in accordance with the chords I am playing, but no left hand sound to layer over the chords.
There is also nothing showing in the L/H track VU meters.

I'm just a bit stuck at the moment

Dan

You can you show a picture screen?

What sound is written in the LEFT track, close to master fader? fader is enough high?

What sounds are in LEFT 1 2 3 tracks?  DO you have some volumes here?

ovation99

hi Dan,
Can't take screen pic as it's on my other laptop.
But all 3 Left Tracks are showing various String sounds and volumes are set HIGH. Also the fader labelled LEFT by te master is set to HIGH.
However, I tried running my original version of VA2 and although it doesn't contain all my settings etc. it does receive and play the left hand sounds.
So my simple mind says that maybe something is wrong with the configuration file. Just a guess !!

ovation99

Hi Dan,
Re my previous posting, here is a copy of my config file for info.
AL

Dan

On OPTIONS/MIDI PORTS, you have checked PLAY NOTES for the MIDI IN 2.

This feature remove the left hand voice, but give the possibility to play it with a second midi keyboard

ovation99

As always Dan, you come up with the solution :)

Many thanks again
Al