News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

NEW FEATURE : VST CONTROLLERS

Started by Dan, August 08, 2014, 03:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

New Amazing feature : VST CONTROLLERS !!!

On OPTIONS/CONTROLLERS there now 64 new lines VST CONTROLLERS

(There is also a line SHOW/HIDE VST EDITOR to show the current VST from a midi controller)

So now, You can assign up to 64 midi controllers to adjust 64 VST parameters.

For example, assign VST CONTROLLERS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 to 8 MIDI faders

Then go into the VST OPTIONS (the + in the VST instruments list)

You will see a list off all the parameters of the VST.

Click on one line, for example "Drawbar 1"

Then in the bottom of the list, you have another list, where you can select your MIDI CONTROLLER 1.

To simplify the process, you can click on LEARN.

This LEARN feature is double :

1) Click on LEARN

2) Go on the VST editor, and move something, for example the Drawbar 1.
It will be selected in the Parameters list.

3) Move your MIDI fader.  It's DONE

You can check the box INVERT, to invert the fader range.  It is for Organ drawbars that are often inverted value from normal faders.

You can check the box SWITCH, to say that this parameter is a Switch. This is important for Momentary / Toggle MIDI buttons.

This will allow you to fully control the VST instruments.

If you have a KORG NANO KONTROL 2 or a NOVATION SLMKII, you will enjoy it even more, because all leds feedback will stay in sync with the VST

One more amazing feature :

You can use 16 VST instruments in vArranger.

You can define the 64 MIDI CONTROLLERS to control 64 parameters of each VST.

Then, the MIDI controllers will control the VST instrument you are currently PLAYING with your Right1 track, or the VST instrument you are currently displaying, or editing.

You can see all leds refreshing when you go from one vst to another one...

Edit 2018-07-05 : New feature in v1.18.05 : if the MIDI CONTROLLER is assigned to control only ONE VST instrument parameter then it will always control this VST parameter, whatever is the current selected VSTi
Otherwise still as before, if the MIDI CONTROLLER is assigned to control a parameter on more than one VSTi instrument, then it will switch to control the current selected VSTi

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

agaton

Very good, amazing function. Do You make any alternative or
posibility for 64Bit VST Plug Ins. It is very important for a big
Sample Contents of NI Kontakt. On 32Bit aplications 2GB is a
maximum of RAM what an aplication can address. This mean,
that user have to open more instances of f.e. Kontakt, when
Kontakt Instruments in Instrument Bank load more than 2GB
of samples.

silviutu

Hi DAN!! I want the beta 8, thanks!

ovation99

EdoardoDelMoro

Is it possible to use this function to control effects VST (like MFX from Midinaut) as well?

Dan

Sent.

For now it's only for VST instruments, not VST effects.

I think vArranger is limited to 4GB of memory.

You can overcome this with a software called jBridge.

Never tested it...

EdoardoDelMoro

I read about JBridge; it seems to be mostly a bridge between 32 and 64 bit sistems. No idea how could be used with vArranger, need to try

agaton

You can use jBridge with vArranger on many ways. First You can
play 64Bit VST instruments on VArranger (it is 32Bit aplication),
automaticaly this VST Instruments has no limit on 2GB. Naturaly
your OS Windows have to be 64Bit !!! Second, many Instruments
PlugIns which has eventualy probelm on vArranger like VST Host,
with jBridge they can play wery well. jBridge is very, very good aplication.

EdoardoDelMoro

Thanks Agaton; do you know if it is possible to use jBridge to control effects VST (like MFX from Midinaut) and save the settings, so that when opening vArranger all the parameters will automatically be set to the correct value?

agaton

No, jBridge is only just "Bridge" between 32 and 64Bit platform,
nothing more, but you can, with jBridge, import some 64Bit VST
Midi PlugIns in vArranger (as 64Bit VST Instruments) and control
what you need to control. There are many very, very good VST
Midi PlugIns on the market. For example, to make whole chords
from one note, or to make very short delay between notes in a
chords to simulate strumming on guitar, or to randomize note on
and note off in chords and etc... and etc...

EdoardoDelMoro

Thanks Agaton, but my problem is that any time I switch off vArranger I loose all the settings of the VST effect, so that any time I switch on I have to fix all the parameters again. I would like to find a way to save the settings with the sound (or style, or song, anyway).

paoloca59

Hi Dan
I want the beta 8
Thanks

one

Hi Dan
I would like to try the  beta 8 please.
Thanks

balajo

Hi Dan,
I would love to try the beta 8 please.
Thanks

stewbow

Dan
The summer is nearly over and once again I will be locking myself in my music room for at least 8 months, could I have the latest version please

stuart

Dan

Lionel

Hi Dan,

I am now venturing into VST more now and have tried SampleTank 3.
Could you send me latest version of vArranger.

Will be trying jBridge because SampleTank 3 is 64 bit.

Thanks
Lionel

Dan

stewbow

Dan
not used the equipment for a while.
Using Surface Pro, I have the lastest varranger version, when I try to bring up VST it tells me there is .NET Framework unhandled error in your application

any ideas??

Stuart

Dan

What VST are you using?

I will first send you the latest, to be sure you really have it...

ovation99

Hi Dan,
Is the latest version 1.17.74?

stewbow

Dan
I went back to a version from February, 1.17 and the Net Framework problem is not there but it is with latest version that I downloaded last week, the message appears and the programme crashes.

I am using The Surface Pro and I have slight but annoying latency issues with the VSTs, I am using Kontakt 4 and the BII Organ.

If I load Kontakt or BII as stand alone apps and use the Asio4all driver there is no latency (through the headphone socket)

If I use the Asio4all output in Varranger the sound only comes out of the speaker in the side of the laptop, when I change the output to DirectSound, it comes out of the headphone socket but with latency.

Dan

Stuart, the email stuart.todd99@yahoo.com that you have registred on the forum is not valid. That's why you didn't get answer from me.

I am also using surface pro. I am using the included soundcard.

DirectSound driver is giving latency. I have added it only because it allows the audio be shared between application.

You need to use ASIO or WASAPI that are low latency.

I did not installed ASIO4ALL in this computer, because you can use WASAPI, and it is working good.

This tablet has something not so smart...

With WASAPI, there is 2 entries.  One for the headphones, and one for the internal speackers.

So, depending on which one you are using, you need to select it well in the AUDIO OUT LIST, and not change between the whole session.

Maybe on the ASIO4ALL settings, you have to activate Headphone OR speakers...

stewbow

I have only 1 WASAPI setting in the Audio Out box and that is Speakers (CNXT Audio), can you tell me how to select headphones?

thanks

Dan

You need to plug the headphones jack before to run vArranger, and it will appeir.

stewbow

I had the Surface pro plugged into a new docking station with the output lead plugged into the headphone out on the docking station, in this set up the Audio Out didn't give me the headphone option.
When I plugged the output lead into the headphone socket on the side of the surface pro, it did.

problem solved

stewbow

Dan
Is there a way of controlling the volume of an MP3 file, maybe from a slider on my SLmkII, seperate from the volume of a voice that I am playing on the keyboard?

for instance I might have 20 mp3 files to use as backing tracks, and I want to use maybe piano and organ voices that I am controlling from my volume pedal, but I want to adjust the volume of the mp3 track only from a slider or knob on my keyboard without that slider adjusting the piano or organ voice volumes???

Stuart

Dan

Yes, it is the same slider as Style volume

jbg31792

Can the vst controllers be assigned to the voices within the styles?

Thanks

John

Dan

The VST controllers are automatically controlling the VST instrument currently displayed on the screen.

If all the VST editors are closed,  the VST controllers controls the VST set for RIGHT1

So the same midi controller can be used for many VSTi

agaton

Quote from: EdoardoDelMoro on August 13, 2014, 06:54:32 AM
Thanks Agaton, but my problem is that any time I switch off vArranger I loose all the settings of the VST effect, so that any time I switch on I have to fix all the parameters again. I would like to find a way to save the settings with the sound (or style, or song, anyway).
To time you can save all parameters of VST in "VST Options" like "Save Current  PlugIn State as...".
You can make so many Presets what you will in "VST Options" and Load everyone of them but You must
do that only in "VST Options". I didn't try till now, to save song with all parameters, maybe this help.
I don't know. But it is very important function when someone play only with VST instruments !!!

Dan

Yes, I will add soon the feature to load a VST state (from the options screen) with SAVE SONG or SAVE SOUND

agaton

That will be the best solution, thanx Dan !!!