News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Korg Triton + Full Keyboard Playing Chord Recognition

Started by andrev, July 14, 2014, 07:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrev

Hi Dan

I have a Korg Triton and not used to arrangers. Your software could be quite a cost saver, but not sure if it will recognize my playing style. I play "full keyboard" piano like. Do you have a demo to try?

Will it also map correctly with the Triton's voices? I guess the Triton needs to be in Song/Seq mode?

Regards
Andre

Dan

Hello Andre,

vArranger can recognize "Full Keyboard" playing.
The rule is : if you play 3 keys together, a new chord is recognized.

Like with any hardware arranger, full keyboard is not perfect, and you need to adapt your playing style, so the arranger change the chords you want.

If you don't need to play in realtime, In vArranger, there is also a way to pre-enter a song chords grid, and save it with a style. This will free your 2 hands of need of playing the chords :
http://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?topic=218.0

It seems that the Korg Triton has a GM bank (mode?), so it should work with a big number of styles (but not all).
Yes, you need to use the Song/Seq mode, so the Triton can receive and play 16 instruments on the 16 midi channels

You can find the Korg Triton Instrument definition file, to help you to use any Triton instruments, for every track.

Many styles has 2 drums tracks. You need to check if you can play 2 drum tracks together, and if you can call a drum track from a Bank/Program Change.

You can also your computer as the sound module with the vAranger Software Synth. You can load your own SF2 samples, to customize your soundset.

andrev

Thanks for clearing up a couple of things Dan, I will give it some serious thought!