News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Loss of Volume

Started by freeway, July 08, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeway

Can anyone help? I have found on two different occasions I have lost volume on my set up. My setup is Laptop SD2 Roland UM 1G Midi Interface. I have been using this setup for a few years now without any major hitches.
I know it is not my PA System. I think it may be my Interface or SD2. The first time it happened, I was just starting a gig, and had to carry on with only an Acoustic guitar. The next day when I connected up to to check it out, everything worked perfectly.
I have again lost volume now as I write. :(

Dan

If you press the panic button, do you have more volume?

Can you see the position of the style, right, left and master volume faders?

Dan

you can send a picture screen

freeway

The panic button makes no difference . All faders and chord grid are working as they should

Dan

What about if you switch off and on the sd2, then press panic

freeway

I have tried that but still no volume. ;D :(

Dan

And if you play a midifile, without vArranger?
Did you try headphone jack, L&R rca?
Maybe your SD2 need repair...

freeway

My volume has returned :)Allelluia. I did 3 things. (1) Last night I disconnected all leads   (2) Tonight when I connected again I still had no volume. (3) I decided to try a different usb port, when I opened Varranger Midi port select opened with Varranger Software Synth  highlighted on the Midi out, when I clicked on 3-um-1g and pressed start, my volume returned. :) I hope thats it sorted :)     

Dan

If you use the vArranger Software Synth, the sound will come from the PC speakers, not the SD2 out. No? :)

freeway

If I use the vArranger Software Synth, I have no volume at all :(

Dan

What version of Windows do you have?
What did you select in the list of Audio OUT

freeway

I have no selection made on audio out . I'm on Windows 7

Dan

Ok. If you want to test the vArrangerSynth, try to select the WASAPI output of your pc speakers