News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Korg x5d percussion wrong - would an ini file fix it?

Started by Julesg, June 28, 2014, 11:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julesg

Hi Dan

Your software is brilliant, exactly what I needed.  I have a Korg X5D module but its drums (percussion to be specific) are off when playing styles.  Would an .INI file sort it out? and if so do you know where I can get one for it (its a rack mount version of an X5 synth), and how would I install it into Varranger - I looked but could not figure it out.

Thanks

Jules

Dan

Good !
What style is giving you bad mapping on the perc track?

Here is the INS file for your KORG X5DR

You press LOAD button in vArranger, and select this file.
Do it only ONCE

Then you will have a INS button with the list of your sound's module

Julesg

Hi Dan

Got the INS file going, that makes life a lot easier, thanks for that. 
The Tyros 5, Latin "OrganBossa" is an example of a PERC style that causes me problems.  This happens in most styles with a PERC track not just that one, seems to want to act as a normal instrument rather than a "DRUM" track - if you set it as a standard GM DRUM it makes a PIANO sound.  So assigning the X5s Perc Drum Kit to it - had no effect.  Can PERC "SOUND 9" be set as another drum track? - would it have to go down the drum midi channel (10)?

Thanks for all your help

Jules

Dan

The question is :

Do the Korg X5 allows to play 2 drums kits on 2 different channels?

You can try other modes in vArranger (GM / GM2 / XG / GS)

Every mode has a special way to set the perc track as a drum sound

You can reed in the manual, if there is a SYSEX or a special BANK like 120/127 to define a drum sound.
http://soundprogramming.net/manuals/Korg_X5_X5D_Manual.pdf

Dan

mmm... I think the best for your module is GM mode

Can you try to select the PERC track, then click on INS , select a drum bank, and a drum sound ?

Julesg

I had a little experiments with the X5D yesterday.  When I select and instruments from INS it does not seem to distiguish the banks (with the Midi set GM mode).  So selecting bank B instrument 1 gives me the GM piano sound (1).  In a similar fashion selecting the drums bank, I only get to hear GM bank sounds.

So can't select the instruments banks.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Jules

Dan

Are you sure you are in GM mode, and not GM2 mode?

Julesg

Dan

Julesg

Sorry for delay - work!

Yeah I have the MULTI on.

Jules