News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Additional Styles

Started by Lionel, March 05, 2010, 06:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hello All,
Does anybody know or may have purchased any styles for vArranger (or keyboard equivalent) which is exceptional.

I am looking for additional styles to expand my existing styles and sometimes you can't seem to find the one you need for a particular song.

Any suggestions or directions is most appreciated.

This will also make the vArranger a very valuable investment and asset for live playing.

Thanks
Lionel

Bernie9

Hi Lionel
This is the only problem with Solton/Ketron, the lack of styles on the net.  Of course, one can buy them at Ketronus, or style disk warehouse, but that runs into money.  On the other hand, these styles can be complex and a lot of work has gone into them.  You can join the Yahoo Solton Forum and there are free files there.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/files/

Lionel

Hi Bernie,
Thanks for your input.

Yes, it is the lack of free styles available. I don't know if the so called style converters actually work so we can convert the many of Yamaha styles out there.

If anybody has tried this please reply so we all can benefit from this.

On the other hand the purchased ones, are they of high quality and worth the costs.

Regards
Lionel

Bernie9

Hi Lionel
Converted styles from Yamaha, Roland, or any other mfgr's will play on the SD2, but, with varying degrees of accuracy.  I converted a Yammy style(Blueberry Hill) to Ketron with EMC Universal.  The native Ketron style is punchier, probably, but conversions are better than nothing.

Here is a link to my 4Share account.  Look for Bluebesf.pat

It plays okay

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/27801236/92d1eef2/sharing.html?rnd=21#

Bernie

Lionel

Hi Bernie,
Thanks for your reply.

I will try out blueberry style tomorrow.

Do you use any converted styles for live playing.

Have you got vArranger yet or still deciding.
Can I be of assistance on any concerns?

Regards
Lionel

Bernie9

Hi Lionel
I use converted styles, as well as native on my three arranger keyboards.  I am going to buy vArranger when Dan finishes some needed features.  I have to have my setups saved, like left and right hand assignments, style etc., so I can make presets by song and load them from a playlist.

Bernie