News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Changing bass note in Song Chords

Started by balajo, March 22, 2014, 08:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balajo

Hello vArranger users, I am having the following problem with song chords, when I insert a bass note for the chord it is not recognised, it keeps playing the style with the bass unchanged. I don't seem to be able to find the answer on the forum and I know I'm doing something wrong, I have tried bass to lowest. I would be grateful for any help. Balajo

Dan

I just sent you the latest version of vArranger for you to try

Let me know if your bass note for the chord is correctly played

balajo

Thanks Dan for your prompt attention. On my laptop I can now insert a bass note of my choice to any chord and it works perfectly, I am really pleased with that.

A problem has occurred on my desktop computer as it now locks up when loading vArranger this only happened after installing the vArrangersynth. WSAPI error is displayed, I have checked out audio settings in the control panel but can see nothing obvious. If you can think of anything Dan let me know.

Thanks again Dan for your help. Jo

Dan

Can you give me the exact error message?

balajo

Dan, The error message reads as follows:-   vAsynth     err_WASAPI_Init : 6

Thanks, Jo

Dan

What kind of sound card do you have?

If you don't use the virtual instruments, you can use DirectSound audio out, and not wasapi.

If you have a problem starting, you can open the \vArrangerData\vArranger2.ini  and delete the audioout line

balajo

Dan,  When you asked  me the question about my sound card it brought  back to  memory  the recent sample rate topics and the problems caused with sample rates above 44.1khz, that was my problem also as my recording project was set to 88.2khz.

When I set my recording project back to 44.1khz vArranger and synth  loaded perfectly,  it pays to read the forum topics and your suggestions. I now intend getting up to speed with  vArranger pdf.  Dan you give the best possible support.

For my sound card I use either the Steinberg UR22 or M-AUDIO FW410 with Win7.

Jo

Dan

Lylo

Quote from: balajo on March 22, 2014, 08:00:55 PM
Hello vArranger users, I am having the following problem with song chords, when I insert a bass note for the chord it is not recognised, it keeps playing the style with the bass unchanged. I don't seem to be able to find the answer on the forum and I know I'm doing something wrong, I have tried bass to lowest. I would be grateful for any help. Balajo

Before the new version, you just must activate the button "to lowest" in the front panel.  :)

Dan

Accordion players like to play a chord with left hand, then release the chord but change the bass note.
Now the arranger bass follow the played bass