News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Left 1 Sustain Probelms

Started by stewbow, March 20, 2014, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbow

Dan
I have encountered a problem where the Left 1 sustain stays on.
It just happened again a couple of times now with an E Piano SF voice and I wasn't using a foot switch at the time.
At the time when it happened this time, an MP3 file was being played, but it has happened in the past with a style playing.

any thoughts
Stuart

ps
It has happened on at least 2 of my systems

Dan

What is the midi keyboard used?

The left sounds are not linked to the sustain pedal

stewbow

Novation SL Mk 11 not in automap mode

Dan

Do you use sustain pedal for Left sounds?
Are you sure it is Left1 and not a style track?

stewbow

i just found the out that the problem is that I have got the XY Pad set up so that when I press it, it controls modulation to switch the Lesley on and off.

So if I select the C3 voice, hit the XY Pad, the sustain appears on the left hand.

The lesley effect works when the sustain penal in pressed, so there is some conflict there, and not in VA

stuart

Dan

If you can avoid the Controller 66 :)
This is a secret function for my own use.
I like to have 2 sustain pedals plugged, one for right hand sound and one for left hand sound.

stewbow

One more slight problem

I have a slot with Kontakt C3 loaded in saved to Right 1 with volume an the slider at 127 and it's not loud enough.
if I open Kontakt and increase the volume, save the kontakt state, save the Right Voice again, when I select another sound and then go back the the C3 sound the volume has dropped again????

any ideas

Dan

Are you sure that the expression is at 127?
The expression is the red line on the vu meter of the track.
It can be changed in the sound edit screen (right clik on the track)

stewbow

I hadn't seen the red line before :)
but it's set to full, so It must be a CC setting in Kontakt I suppose.

not to worry,

Dan

In Kontakt, go on the little tool icon on top left of the instrument.
Then click on Instrument options,
Then click on Controllers
Then you have an option "Midi Controller #7 (Volume) range"

This will let you set the maximum volume that you will get on Kontakt when vArranger volume is set at max.

Tuggen

How do I get sustain for the Left vocie?
I have midi ch1 Right, ch2 Left and ch3 Bass.
I have a knee level, in my organ, for sustain and the abillity to choose for wich parts it should be Active but it only works for Right.
I'm not sure how it works but I assume the CC64 is sent for the parts and corresponding midi channels that are activated for the knee level. If I send CC64 for at ch2 should that not sustain Left? And ch3 the bass?
I really need to be able to choose if sustain only Right or Right and Left (and maybe bass).

Another question. May there be any possibillity to connnect a separeate sustain pedal? This knee level is very difficult to use.
I have a loose Yamaha sustain pedal that once came with a P-80 but of course I have no where to connect it. I quess I would need a midi (USB) sustain pedal but I have never Heard of any.
Any tips would be helpful.

Dan

Tuggen, You are using an organ with 2 manuals and a bass pedal board sending on 3 channels.
You have set vArranger as Midi accordion.

vArranger should allow you to use sustain pedal for RIGHT and LEFT, if you send CC64 to the corresponding midi channel.

I see in the code that you need some condition for left sustain :
The LEFT master track (close to master fader) should not display OFF or (BY STYLE)
If you use a second midi input, you should not have the "play notes" selected.

If you want to add another sustain pedal and you have some electronic skills, maybe, I can help you...

Tuggen

Ok, I will test this LEFT master track setting in the weekend when I get some time.

I wish I could add a sustain pedal since I have only this knee level which are very very difficult to use.