vArranger not recognizing SD2, TriplePlay, and Disaster Area

Started by jbg31792, February 15, 2014, 10:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

vArranger was working perfectly at the house, recognizing the SD2, Disaster Area (foot controller), and Triple Play. vArranger worked perfectly and would automatically recognize every thing each time I would turn the laptop and equipment off and then turn it back on again.

Went to a job Friday night and set up and the vArranger wouldn't recognize the SD2, Disaster Area, and Triple Play. Thank God it got fixed just before I was supposed to start. I'm not sure what I did.

This is the vArranger MIDI PORT connections both at the house when everything worked perfectly, and at the job: MIDI IN to Triple Play, 3rd MIDI IN to Disaster Area, MIDI OUT to 1(um-2g), audio out Direct Sound Cirrus Logic.

The only thing I did differently at the job was change the USB connections on the 7 port USB hub. I didn't mark which USB port I had connected the SD2, Triple Play dongle, and Disaster Area to. I just assumed that it didn't matter. (I've heard it said that assumption is the lowest form of intelligence)

I'm back at the house now and have connected the USB cables to the 7 port USB hub differently again, and am experiencing the same problem
Please show me what I'm doing wrong. My USB hub is the Belkin powered 7 port hub.

Thanks,

John

Dan

Everytime you plug an USB usb cable in a different location, you need to install again the driver.
So, look in the Task Bar if any MIDI device wait for you provide the driver

jbg31792

Thanks Dan, That was the problem. I just never knew. Thanks  again.

I have now labeled my UBS Hup, and won't make that mistake again.

John

Bernie9

John

I just learned something new also.  I have had similar problems in years past, and thought it was the hub to blame.

Bernie