News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger and Notation Composer With SD4

Started by Bernie9, January 25, 2014, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I want to  be able to use vArranger in the normal way with my SD4, then alternate and use my notation program to play over midi files. 

1. I am now playing midi files from my pc and left and right parts from controller using voices from SD4 connected to M2(voice) in. This is fine. I can read the lead sheet from Composer with SD4 sounds.

2. If I switch and run vArranger from the same pc, I can mix in style songs I have, but how do I redirect my Axiom to instantly run vArranger although I would have it connected to M1(Midi) port ?

3.  It is no problem using one of my arrangers, but I wanted something light with quality sounds for small gigs.

Dan

I think there is a setting in the Axiom to decide if the Axiom MIDI out port is sending notes from USB or is sending notes from the Keyboard.

By the way... the only thing missing for you to use the midifiles inside vArranger is the saving of transpose and mutes?
Maybe I can add it after so long you asked :)

Bernie9

Dan

I am surprised you remember that with all that you are doing.  Yes, that help on the vocal end, but sometimes I play over midifiles with muted parts.  Notation Composer scrolls the lead sheet for me.

I have pretty well decided that mixing vArranger and another outside midi program is just asking for trouble.  The SD4 didn't know which to play, and it was a real cacaphony of garbled sound.

Thanks for replying.
Bernie