News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Track Octave Change

Started by Bernie9, March 03, 2010, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I am trying to lower my left one octave by one.  The main octave change seems to be global.  I found track 2 coarse tuning, that doesn't work on my trial copy.  Is this the way to do it ?

Dan

Are you using the LEFT sounds from your style or the LEFT sounds from the presets?

Dan

Bernie9

The left sounds of my presets.  If I choose piano on my left hand to play with the style, I may need to lower it 1 octave.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

If you click on the LEFT track (general) , and change the octave with octave +/- , it will change the octave for your LEFT sound.
You don't need to change the Left1, Left2 and Left3 octaves separatly.

Also, if you always play the Left sound one octave lower, then just do it and save it on SAVE STARTUP CONFIG.

Dan

Lionel

Hi Bernie,
Yes Dan is correct, works for me, as I play up 1 Octave on Left (Midi Giutar) and my wife plays down 1 Octave on right (Keyboard).

I have saved that on startup config and never have to touch every time I start vArranger.

Regards
Lionel

Bernie9

Hi Lionel
Thanks for the input.  I am a gigging OMB on arranger keyboards, but software is new to me, but since I have an SD2, vArranger is a perfect marriage.
Bernie

Lionel

Hi Bernie,
Yes vArranger and SD2 are a perfect couple and they work well together.

I have been using BIAB for quite some time and  I stumbled on vArranger. I hounded Dan with a lot of private e-mails to see if vArranger would suit me needs and justify the cost. I actually fell in love with vArranger when I saw the potenial and with discussions with Dan the changes he made and forthcoming changes. I made the purchase.

I use it live, playing mainly old time songs for retirement villages (free of charge). I have it setup where I play midi Guitar and my wife plays keyboard. Her job is the chord changes, harmony, fill ins, style changes, etc. My job is I play the melody via midi guitar and vArranger really makes it come alive.

With additional changes Dan is working on, it is making playing more enjoyable.

Other notes of interest is that with BIAB the sounds where never quite right even using with SD2, but vArranger really changed that. I don't use BIAB as much as I use vArranger. BIAB has it uses particularly the Realtracks but limited in variety. vArranger has more uses for my playing needs.

Regards
Lionel

Dan

Hi Lionel,

The 2 midi inputs was your idea. It was a great idea ! thank you !

Can you send me one picture of your setup?

I want to add a section with some setup pictures.

Dan