News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger and Sibelius

Started by Kurt, December 31, 2013, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt

I've tried to read most of the posts in this forum and the English manual too - trying to figure out if I can use vArranger - but I'm not sure so I need to ask.

As a singer, who don't play the piano, I need a solution where my main tool (Sibelius 7 - music notation software) is the midi source into vArranger instead of a keyboard.

I want the MIDI output from my Sibelius 7 going into vArranger, which in turns recognises the cords coming from Sibelius as a piano staff (typically on midi channel 2) and in the end vArranger adds a style based auto accompaniment, and at the same time plays the melody coming from Sibelius (typically on midi channel 1) .

At the moment I connect the midi input from Sibelius 7 to One Man Band through a virtual midi-cable (LoopBe1) and it works well but OMB is very limited.

As its seems to me there shouldn't be a big difference between my wish setup and the setup most vArranger users have I'll ask a couple of more questions.

Can vArrangers handle incoming midi events like tempo or Time Signature ?
If I buy the current version of vArranger is it then free to update to version 1.18 when its ready ?

Kurt

Dan

Basically, you can do it, but for now, vArranger does not have a MIDI SYNC input, so the 2 software will not be perfectly in sync.

What you can do, is to use the vArranger song chords to put your chords, then export the whole song in midifile format. Then you import this midifile in sibelius and make changes on it.  You will use Sibelius MIDI sounds..

http://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?topic=218.0

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Updates of vArranger are FREE

Dan