Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

make own SF2 soundbank and Other question

Started by KOOY, November 23, 2013, 03:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOOY

hello users,

Just installed the Varranger V1.17

I do not have a Ketron at this moment so i am using the Varranger synth which is pretty horrible. SO...
What to buy to get a good sound for the arranger. AND further i want make my own Soundbanks SF2 with the names in the screen as the Vsynth does.

I tried to load a SF2 sound which worked. (loaded the file in the samples map). Closed the varranger and opend it again. The piano sound is now my SF2 sound. So it looks like it has overwritten the existing vsynth piano sound.

How can i make my own soundbanks devided in my own catagories?

Richard

Dan

Click on the button INS & SF2
Then click on the button SoftSynth & SoundFonts
Select your SF2 sound.
Then on the main form select SAVE RIGHT SOUND.
Give it a name, and put it in a Sound category.

Dan

Or go on the sound edit screen of the Right 1 track, here you can select your sound by its number : the Bank 0, Bank 32 and Program Change value

And Save the sound

pax_eterna

But is it correct to say that a user cannot save and use their own sf2 sounds for style parts?

Dan

pax_eterna

And these are saved with the style so they load automatically when the style is loaded at a later time?

Dan

vArranger loads all the sounds that you put in the Samples folder.
Then you can use the sounds everywhere. Melody, styles... Like an external midi module

pax_eterna

Thanks Dan, yes that I was already aware of, but I mean actually saving the SF2 patch with the style - lets say I use my SF2 bass patch and also a guitar SF2 with say, a swing style - does vA then allow those patches to be saved with the style? And then if that style is used again at a later date, is the same sf2 patches are automatically recalled?

Sorry to be so specific, but sometimes it is difficult with language and grammar differences to impart proper meaning to questions...

Dan