News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Controller and Computer Poll

Started by Bernie9, November 22, 2013, 03:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

My Axiom(1st generation) is starting to lose some slider assignments sometimes and I can't trust it.  I am using an old Dell 14 inch for the program,but have on Asus i7 15 inch, as well as 10 in Acer WD pad.

When Dan's sound project arrives, I know my Asus will handle anything, even though it is a bit bulky.  The controller is my main concern.  I would like some combinations others have and their opinion.

Bernie

jbg31792

Hi Bernie,

I'm very happy with the new  midi foot controller DMC-6D from DISASTERCONTROL.

Small, reasonably priced, usb powered, extremely powerful and easily controlled.

DISASTERCONTROL configures it for your application before it's shipped.

John

Bernie9

Dan

There is tons of midi controllers, but I can't advise too much :)
How many keys do you want?
Do you want cheap or high quality?

Bernie9

The best 61 key in terms of keybed and number of controllers. Roland Pro, MAudio etc.

Dan

I think the best is Novation Remote 61 SL MKII

I don't have it, but some vArranger users have it.

So maybe someone here can review it?

Bernie9

Thanks

I have read that some are easier to set up with a DAW than others.  In my case we are talking about "Midi Learn" with vArranger as my main application, and this wouldn't apply. Right?

Dan

You can ask to xuanvuz

He own the Novation kb.

Yes it was hard to configure, but now he gets the LED feedback from vArranger !

That mean that if you press a button called MAIN A, it's led will flash,
If you press a second button MAIN B on the keyboard, the main A led will stop, and main B led will bright

Dan

Or Get a Korg NanoKontrol2 to get tons of illuminated buttons, sliders, knobs...

Bernie9

Good thoughts.

One last question is will the controller requirements change with your "Sounds Project"? In other words, will more complex cc mapping be required for VSTi's for example ?

Dan

No, controllers and features are independent.

You decide witch feature you assign to witch control, whatever the controller is

Bernie9

Can't wait, even though I know the project must be very complex and in it's infancy.

Deane

Bernie,
I use a Roland A-800 Pro 61 key controller and can give it top marks.  Not the least expensive - but worth the price.

Deane

Bernie9

Thanks Deane
I was hoping you would weigh in.