News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

THE SOUNDS PROJECT

Started by Dan, November 17, 2013, 04:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hello everyone!

Lately, some users were able to test the new integrated vArranger synth.
The results were very successful! It is stable, latency is almost zero, it's simple and effective!
It is now possible to obtain an arranger only with the computer, without sound modules, nor external sound card, etc. ...

I would like to improve the sound quality of the synth, with new high quality instrument sounds.

I'm about to go into a studio to record a real drummer, and create the ultimate drum kit for vArranger.
I have a clear idea of the sound that I want to get. Gool LIVE sound and very realistic.

Would you be interested in this initiative, with a small fee?

Dan

claudiodecubellis

OK Dan, I'm there!
interesting initiative!!

Dan

Cool, I have my first client :)

pax_eterna

Yes - assuming you get the correct "sound" and ambience Dan (and from your post it seems you will do) - you can mark me down as a buyer as well. I am always happy to pay for quality. My experience with the soft synth was that it worked fine, but sounded "naff" so any work you do in this area will be be tremendous.

Who knows, maybe start thinking of selling an all in one product,  vA together with a quality multi-instrument soft synth packaged with a mini-pc setup primarily to run vA and other softsynths!. For example http://www.mini-box.com/Mini-Box-M300-LCD

The new micro-ATX MOBOS are creating all sorts of possibilities.

Dennis

Frank L. Rosenthal

Dan, I would also be interested but as you know the system I currently have works exceedingly well. As a result I would like for the vArranger current design to remain as one option, i.e., without softsynths or VST Hosts. My system I think is described in the following:

http://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,949.msg7956.html#msg7956

Frank

Dan

Of course, I will not remove any feature of vArranger.
The new sounds will always stay optional

Bernie9

4partmusic

When you say small fee that is a relative term so it is difficult to determine interest.  I think anything that increases the quality and makes the whole process easier would be well received.  I love the Ketron hardware but it is expensive and the support in the US is really lacking. Great engineers but not so hot on the marketing and support.

I guess my only thought is, "Do you think that you can make better sounds than some of the Romplers or samplers that are already on the market? "  I have watched Band in a Box go from real samples in real band to HiQ instruments from IK multimedia to allow the midi real track control for their styles.

The beauty to Varranger is if you can get the right sounds for all the different sounds you have a lot of flexibility and performing in real time is a real strength of the program currently.

Just my thoughts.

Terry

So bottom line, yes, I am interested just not sure to what degree.

Dan

If my sounds are not better than the rompler sounds, I will not sell them....
I know this is a challenge, but I really want to do better

EdoardoDelMoro

I believe it's a good idea as long as it doesn't change the good features of the arranger, one of that is the lightness: I know about sound libraries with excellent sound, but huge file that will full my H.D. This I wouldn't like. Another good feature is the friendliness and easy-to-use attitude of this program: it would be a pity to change this good point of view and get another heavy and complicated program. The last consideration is that this arranger is very good to play live, while perfect sounds are more important if you record your music.
Over all this considerations, I will still support your initiative Dan, and I'll buy your sounds for a reasonable price, even if I already bought the Ketron HW.

Dan

Of course, I will not change anything to the program.
It will be a simple exe to install, and hop... a new sound is here.
I will not go for the GB route for each sound.
I will try to find the best quality/size ratio

Bernie9

Spoken like a true musician, as well as a software guru.

EdoardoDelMoro

Dan

pax_eterna

Yes, definitely heading down the correct path Dan - but it is a big task and you know if you are to be using one trap set the sound will not appeal to all, who may want a "warmer" or fatter snare for example, or a kick with more or less "bite....

And then the other differences like variations using brushes or hotrods....I look at drumkits from BFD and Addictive Drums for example, and see how huge those instruments are...but then again if you are only trying to produce a "generic" kit or two to run with vA then you will find it infinitely more doable....might I suggest you add a decent bass to go with the vA drums?

Anyway I admire you for taking this step, and congrats on getting this far with it...good stuff :)

Dan

Yes, I want to create a generic drum kit, who will play good/real with most of styles and midifiles.
Not huge instrument....
I have recorded brushes too...

For now, I am still working on finding the right mix for those 8 tracks of drums microphones :)
Eq, compression, balance...
What you hear now, is not the final product... only many days of work :)  still lots of work :)

Bass and Piano will be the next projects if the drums is working good :)

jbg31792

Hey Dan,

Count me in .

I'd also be interested in buying some of your created "worship" type styles all done in 3/4;  3/4 Ballads,
3/4 Rock, 3/4 rock ballad, 3/4 shuffle, 3/4 country, 3/4 country rock, 3/4 calypso, 3/4 gospel etc.

John 

cirerenrut

A project worth supporting. I am in.

Eric

paoloca59

angel1000

Hi Dan I also would be interested. If it sounds live and better than the audya drums I am there. The little I know  about it, is it going to be audio streamed like the audya, or is it going to be midi controlled.

Dan

Sounds better than Audya... you put the target very high :)

pax_eterna

Quote from: Dan on February 03, 2014, 06:29:54 PM
Yes, I want to create a generic drum kit, who will play good/real with most of styles and midifiles.
Not huge instrument....
I have recorded brushes too...

For now, I am still working on finding the right mix for those 8 tracks of drums microphones :)
Eq, compression, balance...
What you hear now, is not the final product... only many days of work :)  still lots of work :)

Bass and Piano will be the next projects if the drums is working good :)

Yeah good plan imo.

:D I sorta figured it wasn't finished - and even when it IS finished, it won't be...if you get my meaning ;)

As a personal view only, I reckon you should run up bass as a priority over piano. Preferably a sampled one rather than a VST - P-Bass is probs the one that would cover the widest range of genres. Again jmo :)

That (having the drums and the bass) will give vA a great sounding rhythm section over which anything will sound good - even GM sounds

Dennis  ::)

lee

Dan,
Well...I have not heard the Yamaha styles played WITHOUT Mega Voices so I am not sure what to expect...
BUT, Norbert had gotten Mega Voices to work in LS.....I don't know the details...but he even offered the Mega Samples so LS would use them in the styles by Yamaha.

That would interest me for sure.

I think he had a Memory stick ot HD that had the Mega Voices Samples.....

Thanks,
Lee

Dan

Lee, What is your musical setup?
Here is an exemple of Yamaha styles without megavoices with Ketron SD2
http://www.varranger.com/audio/vArrangerYamahaStyles.mp3
I will allow soon to send midi notes straight if you have megavoices samples.

lee

Dan,
Nothing right now but a 76 key MIDI keyboard, PC with Live-styler 12, a Roland PK5 MIDI pedals....and 2 Mackie monitor powered speakers.
Also, quite a few sample library's...like EMU (almost all sound sets)

No HW arranger..but I had a T2 and I had a PA3XPRO.

In my opinion for a lot of the Yamaha styles to really shine we will need a great Megavoice sample library that responds correctly to style play.

As there are so many good sound library's available...maybe that would be a great SOUNDS PROJECT?

I'm sure it's wishful thinking on my part.

While some of the other MFG's styles are good...The Yamaha ones suit most of the type of music I like to play.

I was just about to push the button on Live-Styler 15 AND the Mega samples library hard drive...then I heard the sad news of Norberts passing.
So, now I look at vA2 for a possible answer.

Thanks,
Lee