News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

EMPTY LYRICS SCREEN

Started by jbg31792, October 26, 2013, 11:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

In my first attempt in assigning lyrics, I've saved the lyrics by pushing the save lyrics button on top of the lyrics screen in the vArranger.

In SONG CHORDS, I've saved the SONG CHORDS to a new folder on the vArranger.

If I exit out of Song Chords and then pull up the saved SONG CHORD, the lyrics to that song always pops right up.

When I exit from the current Song Chords, and again pull up the Song Chords and delete the old chords, I now have a blank Song Chords screen which allows me to create a new SONG.

But everytime I try to get a blank lyrics screen, so that I can input the new text for the new SONG, I keep getting the lyrics from the previous SONG to show up on the lyrics screen.

How can I get the lyric's screen to go blank without deleting and losing that text?

Thanks,

John     

Dan

If your style is called ROCK.PAT, you create a folder called SCORE close to the style.
Inside the Score folder, you put a ROCK.RTF file
This will be your lyrics file loading with your style

pax_eterna

A bit of a small hijack (sorry OP :) ) but this reminds me - Dan, is vA any closer to PDF import support as yet?

Dennis

jbg31792

I've successfully created two SONG CHORDS and have typed in the lyrics after pushing the LYRICS button on the vArrangers screen. When I click on that SONG CHORD the lyrics automatically pop up. When I click on the second SONG CHORDS, those lyrics also pop up for that SONG CHORD. Life is good.
Also, when I click one time on the SONG CHORD the display light behind the name of the SONG CHORD is solid green, which is normal.

But now when I try to add more lyrics to other SONG CHORDS, they aren't staying in the memory are are lost when I switch to other song chords. ALSO, THE GREEN LIGHT CLICKS ON MOMENTARILY BUT DOESNT REMAIN GREEN EVEN AFTER THE SONG CHORD APPEARS ON THE SCREEN. THIS CONDITION REMAINS EVEN AFTER A REBOOT.

These are the steps I'm following.

1. Create the song chord
2. Click on the LYRICS BUTTON
3. Type in some lyrics
4. At the top of the LYRICS page I click SAVE
5. Right click on SONG CHORD on ASSOCIATE SHEET MUSIC
6. Look in FOLDER where name of song is located
7. SCORE FOLDER  appears under NAME
8. I type in a few letters of the song title and the choose the FILE with the SONG CHORD showing
9 I OPEN the file that is highlighted
10. The SONG CHORD and the LYRICS Pop up on the vArranger screen.

BUT FROM HERE I LOSE THE LYRICS WHEN I SWITCH BETWEEN THE OTHER SONG CHORDS.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, and why the lyrics aren't staying in the memory?

John