News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

What can Varranger do?

Started by Tuggen, June 06, 2013, 07:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuggen

Can someone please give a simple overview of what Varranger does?
Does it connect to a SD2 and more or less makes it like a SD1?
Is it possible to use it with SD2 as arranger, use sounds from other modules and set this up in a registration?
How many sound can be layered in right respective left?
I would be interested to connect it to an organ that sends upper, lower and bass on midi ch 1, 2 and 3. Is this possible? And play right, left and manual bass and only use drum parts from arranger?

Thanks

Dan

Does it connect to a SD2 and more or less makes it like a SD1? YES EXACTLY
Is it possible to use it with SD2 as arranger YES, it was my first intention when I created vArranger.
, use sounds from other modules YES, Up to 3 midi OUTS
and set this up in a registration? Yes, just SAVE YOUR SOUNDS and SONGS.
How many sound can be layered in right respective left? up to 5 for right. 3 for left.
I would be interested to connect it to an organ that sends upper, lower and bass on midi ch 1, 2 and 3. Is this possible? Yes. You have to select the MIDI ACCORDION mode.
And play right, left and manual bass and only use drum parts from arranger? YES

With vArranger you can do all that very easily. And a lot more...

Feel free to ask any questions.

vArranger is compatible with Ketron, Yamaha and Roland styles.

Updates are free...

xuanvuz

vArranger (and Dan) can make you a very happy person, too :) It's the single best purchase I have made in a long... long... long... long time... (Last time it was my Inderbinen alto saxophone, but it costs more than 8000 euros).

Kenny.

4partmusic

I have really enjoyed this product.  I think the easiest way for me to understand it is it is like a software version of the computer in an arranger keyboard.  As Dan said it pretty much mimics the arranger features of the Ketron, Yamaha and Roland styles. 

I think I have always gotten 24 hour turnaround to my questions anytime I asked Dan and he has been very patient with me as I have tried to learn the program so I have been very pleased with the support.

Thanks,

Terry

Tuggen

It sounds very good and as I understand probably better support to use with organ than any of the hardware arrangers.
I also found manual here and it's impressive. However I didn't understand if it's possible to set up a registration bank for each song with a couple of registrations in the bank as you can switch between while playing.
I'm very interested and following how it goes with Ketron SD1000. SD2 seems a bit old to buy now. I might consider SD2 anyway since the very low price but hope that in the end everything will work as good with SD1000 with improved sound and polyphony.
One common problem is expression control as some organs only send CC11 at ch16. Is this in any way possible to handle in Varranger to control expression for either all channels or all real time channels?
Or will some kind of external midi processor be needed to remap midi channels for expression?

Dan

You can have inifite number of registration banks (MY SOUNDS folders)
You can have inifite number of registrations inside each banks
You can see 10 registrations (SONGS) for each bank page on the screen.
And you can switch easily from one to another one.

You can assign your expression pedal to right hand expression, or left hand expression, or MASTER VOLUME