News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

File Structure for Folders

Started by Deane, June 05, 2013, 02:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
I have a request for future upgrades.  Unless I am missing something it is now not possible to have single folder in which other folders exist and see the sub-folders on vArranger.    Example:   I want a folder named "Current Songs"  inside that folder I want the songs organized alphabetically group like all the A songs in it's own folder, all the B songs in their own folder.

Right now when I setup folders like this vArranger will not "see" the sub-folders.
I attached a sample folder.

Let me know if I am missing something here or if what I see is correct.

Thanks,
Deane

Dan

It should.
Maybe you have to press the "Refresh..." label on the MY SONGS left.

Deane

I'll give that a try today too.
Thanks,
Deane

Deane

Dan,
I loaded a single folder with several sub-folders in it.  No matter what I do vArranger will not "see" the sub-folders.  I can go through the load function and find the sub-folders and load individual styles but that is the only way I can get the them. 

Oh yes,  there is a (-) sign in front of the main folder in the list - but the sub-folders do not show up.

Did you try the set I sent you?

Deane

Dan

Maybe they are at the end of the 12 first buttons, so press the button >> to see next folders?

If not, can you post a picture screen?

I can see them, but there is MACOSX folder inside that you can delete

Deane

Notice in the pictures I have loaded the CVP 409 folder which includes all the styles from the CVP 409 organized within sub-folders.   The second picture shows that even though the CVP409 folder has been selected nothing appears in the column on the far left.

Deane

Dan

OK !

The folders inside CVP409 are displayed after the CVP409 button : BALLAD, BALLROOM, COUNTRY...

Deane

I will check them.  I don't know why I didn't figure that out.

Thanks,
Deane

Dan

Yes, if you put files in the folder CVP409, you will see them on the left top vertical list.
The subfolder, are always displayed next to the main folder

Deane

Yep, just like you said.  just tried them out and they play great.
Thanks,
Deane