News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Yamaha Style File Format Support

Started by Dan, September 06, 2010, 04:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hi All,

Just to let you know about the next coming feature for vArranger.

I am working on it, it is a huge work, but the improvment will for shure make you love vArranger more and more.

Actually, vArranger can play natively any .PAT file from the old Soltons MS... to the Ketron SD5/Midjay+

In conjonction with a Ketron SD2, you can get the best Ketron natural sound & live styles.

Now, I am working on adding the Yamaha style support (STY, PRS, BCS, SST, PST, ...)

Do you want to hear the latest Yamaha Tyros 3 styles played with Ketron sounds? :)

Not only that I will give you the ability to play the Yamaha styles, but I will also add to vArranger specials features that will help the Ketron SD2 to play the Yamaha styles perfectly, right out of the box, without any need of tuning them.

This will open you to the huge Yamaha style library. And will give to your musical playing a completely new experience.

I will let you know about the advancements of this project here !

Dan

You can download my working style set here
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php/topic,131.0.html

Brian

Great news Dan,  :)  :)  :)

Looking forward to it.

Brian.

Bernie9

Bernie9

A thought just ocurred to me that Live styler and others play Yamaha styles because they are midi and don't need the SD2.  Of course, the SD2 is far superior to a PC sound card, but from a business stand point, vArranger is better than Livestyler, but needs an SD2.

I am just wondering if you couldn't sell a lot more vArrangers with an option of playing Yamaha styles without the SD2.  The only criticism I've heard is the double cost of the program and SD2.

Just a dumb thought

PatSar63

WAOHHHHHHHHH......

Dan,

We talked about it that some months ago. But, I daren't ask to again. It seemed to be an impossible goal to be reached and you've already done so much on the last weeks to definitively improve vA2.

I'm sure you will succeed...You're the best !!!

For sure, it would be a fantastic step using the Yamaha styles also...

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Dan

Thank you for your encouragments, I really need them now :)

I am working on the new Yamaha Tyros 3 SFF GE Guitar mode.

It's a feature who let the arrangement sounding like a real guitar player, playing the same notes out of the fretboard. When you play for example a C maj chord on the guitar, it plays some notes in a certain order. I just take the same notes. So when you will switch chords on vArranger, with a guitar track inside, you will really sound like a guitar player who change chords !

I just started the process of adding this new chords tables into vArranger ! Looking at my guitar, playing chords and listening to the notes.

I added for now the notes of the 6 guitar strings of the C to B Major chords (of 40 chords type, Maj, Min, 7th...) , in the first position (of 4 or 5) of the guitar fretboard , in the 1 (of 3) guitar mode.

The work is huge :) But it's the only way to get the  tyros 3 styles working with vArranger.

Lionel

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Have I missed the boat again. 8)

Dan,
You are keeping customers smiling and I getting sore cheeks from too much smilin mate. ;)

You have undertaken a project that is requires a lot of effort from one person, a person who will work hard to achieve something in life. Somebody with passion who will do what nobody has done before (that is for the SD2) and beyond.

Dan, I am happy for you in what you are achieving mate.
Good on yah!

Regards
Lionel

Dan

Another things to know about the Yamaha styles.

Yamaha created some sounds called MEGA VOICES.  Thoses special sounds are containing different sounds on the same note, depending on the played velocity.

My work is to decide witch SD2 sound can approximate the yamaha sound. And add an UN-MEGA-VOICER algorythm for each megavoice sound. And, when avaible, replace the Yamaha noise by a ketron Noise :)

I just unmegavoiced 1 bass sound and 2 guitar sounds, that are used on many styles.

There is 23 megavoice sounds.

The good news is that on the first style I am working, the sound is excellent :)

I will post a MP3 demo soon :)

Dan

Lionel

Hey Dan,

Still got your Sanity in all this.

How is it going?

Yell out if needed!!

Lionel

Dan

Amazing...

I can play now Maj, Min, 7th, Maj7, Min7 chords for the guitar tracks.  And continue adding chords.

Also, fine tuning the styles to sound well on the Ketron SD2.

Because yamaha soundset is very different to Ketron.

As Ketron did with their live drums, and guitar noises to make their brand unique, Yamaha did the same, using a lot of sounds on their styles, that are mapped a way, that it is very difficult to use with another sound module...

I will soon post the first mp3 demo of the first style I am working on :)

Ketron styles are more sounding "live band" and Yamaha styles are more sounding orchestral recording in studio, every musician with their score.

It will add a new dimention to your vArranger software.

I am sure that Lionel will love it :)

EUREKA

Bon courage. :o
Ce sera parfait comme d'habitude  ;)

EUREKA

Good luck. :o
This will be perfect as usual ;)

Lionel

Aww Dan,
I am going to have sleepless nights 8)

I hope you are doing shift work, that is 8 on 8 off 8 on, etc and no weekends off ;D

Lionel

Dan

The version 0.90 is out, and you can now try the New Yamaha styles !

You can find and download the 232 internal styles of the Yamaha Psr-S710 here :
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php/topic,131.0.html

Thoses styles will be our base for testing and improving together.

Before playing yamaha styles, you have to click on the LEFT master track, and then click OFF (on top of the sound group).
Because Yamaha styles doesn't use the Lowers as Ketron styles does.

The new guitars tracks, will sound only for Maj, Min, 7th, Min7, Maj7 and m7(b5) chords for now.

I decrypted only 1/5 of the megavoices sounds, so on some tracks, their volumes will react strange, and you will hear stange noises.

Didn't improved the drum maps yet.

I started to choose the right Ketron equivalent sounds to the Yamaha sounds. But a lot of sounds need to be remaped.

Of course, no style saving for now.

But But But...

Just listen to thoses intros and ending...

If you find a style that you would LOVE to use, tell me the name, and I will start to improve the sounds of this style.

ENJOY !!!!  :)

Dan

Dan

On the next version 0.91 :
- Yamaha Brushkit to Ketron SD2 remapped

Lionel

Hey Dan,

Sounds great to date.

Love some of the styles.

Lionel

Dan

On the next version 0.92 :
- All the chords are now recognized for the guitars tracks from the new Tyros 3 style Format.

If there is one Yamaha style that you love from the style I posted here, but you want it to sound better, just let me know, I will improve it.

Dan

Lionel

Are the new Tyros 3 style Format free on the net and easy to get.

Lionel

Dan

The styles I posted here are very close to the Tyros Styles.

When thoses ones will be OK, then we will work on the others styles sets

Dan