News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Problem loading Pa4x styles

Started by harcon01, December 02, 2016, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harcon01

Hi

I have been able to load the Pa4x styles from the vA forum without any problems, I can see the various banks (Fav/User) and play the styles.

However when I load the styles from my Pa4x I can see the banks but when I click to load on a bank,  it will not open and get the message "unknown file format". I think it relates to the fact that I am using the copy/paste function within the Pa4x to move a style to another bank. Most of the styles I have created are from Midi files and using the "create style from midi" function within the Pa4x so this may also be the problem.

For other Pa4x owners, has anyone had this problem or can replicate it

Regards

Paul

Dan

Hello Paul, You can post the bank with the problem, so I will see what's inside

harcon01

Dan

I have attached a few files. The Favourite01 Bad  file has some of my created styles (midi & create style from midi feature) in Favourite01 that does not load. The user01 Good file that does load probably came from my Pa3x.

In the User01 BAD file I transferred a style Don't dream its O (from Favourites01) using copy paste function within Pa4x to User01 bank did nothing else, it then made the user01 also unloadable.   

Hope that helps

Paul

Dan

Hello Paul,

From your files, I have discovered that the PA4X is saving styles into a different format
I was able to include this in vArranger too
I have just sent you an updated vArranger version to try

Regards,

Dan

nikola

When we are at Korg PA Style Format will be good for as vA2 users to add ability to play Guitar Mode 2!!!
I have already sampled some RX Guitars from Korg PA3x but without this function Korg PA Styles are not usefull for me.

harcon01

Dan

Thanks for your fast response. I can now load the styles (ex my Pa4x) however from first look there are still a few bugs, re tempo not changing and volumes setting to zero. I will try to look at them over coming days and report back.

Paul

Dan

I finally corrected this problem.
Some PA4X styles has a different format...
Sending to you the update to try

harcon01

I can report to all that Dan has been working hard to correct this problem. These are the styles made within the Pa4x which have been created using the new feature 'create a style from a midi file'.

These styles are now functioning correctly, thanks Dan for all your effort.

Paul