News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Ketron SD1000 Effect Processor Settings save with song

Started by haweneu, October 02, 2015, 04:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haweneu

Hi,
are there other users, that need to save the settings from SD1000 effectprocessor with a song?

Why do i ask this?

In the past i mailed with dan about this topic.
In think this can be a very good feature for VA2.

If i play a song with VA2, the effectprocessor in the SD1000 has its settings from the last played song or effectsettings.
So if you play for example on right1 a flute, then you can hear a distored flute, because the effectprocessor in the SD1000 has this setting from the last song, where you played for example a distored guitar.

So the solution for this problem is to save with the song all effect settings.

Dan has implemented the "Clear all" button at the effect menue! This helps a little bit but is not a final solution!

Please all SD1000 users give your comment to my wish!

jolon28

+1 Good idea!

Implementation of SD1000 audio effects does not look so easy to do. It takes much time.  At present time, these features are not finalized, for example, all buttons are set at maximum value by default.

We would also need to access to the SD1000 FX preset settings and to save them with the song.
Wait and hope...

tthoms

Hi,
yes I would also have the function to save the SD1000 effect processor settings with the song, but also as global preset, so that this preset will be loaded evertime the vA2 will be started.

Have you tried out the master section in the effect processor window? It seems that the functions for reverb, chorus and equalizer did not work. Didn't they?

What I'm missing is a description how to use the effects (manual?). And a nice goodie would be to have some working and proofed presets.

I've informed Dane a view days before but without any feedback.

haweneu

Hi,
yes, i think a global preset of the effectsection after start VA2 is very good. But if you start VA2, it loads the last played song and if the effectsection is saved with a song you have your global preset.

Yes, the Effectfunctions have a strange behavior! If i make a "Reset all " with the new button, all effects are off. This works. But after this function the reverb does not work, until i click for right 1 on DSP channel 12 on and off and then the reverb is on.

I think we must test all effectfunctions very well and report results to Dan!

Inside the SD1000 works a special audioprocessor. It is the SAM 5716.
See this link
http://www.dream.fr/devices.html#S5

The firmware inside the documentation about this Chip has the same functions as the SD1000, because Ketron used this firmware with some minor changes!

tthoms

Hello Haweneu
yes I agree with you that the channel presets will be loaded with the last played song after the start of the vArranger. What I mean is that the master section should be saved as global preset and be loaded as before a restart of the vArranger. Furthermore the master section should be independent from the channel effects. So one can set the master section (for example the equalizer) for a whole gig.