News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

CME UF60 problem

Started by ovation99, August 29, 2014, 08:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovation99

Hi Dan,
I have just bought a second-hand CME UF60 to use with VArranger2 but I am having some problems
I am using Windows 7 64bit and the problems are as follows, but not in any particular order.
Cannot connect via USB only intermittently.
When it does connect, the midi indicator in VA2 registers activity but not showing on channels and no sound.
Will connect via WIDI (wireless) but chords played are misinterpreted, play C shown as G, play F shown as G/F, etc
Don't know how to turn off direct midi sound to SD2 despite having keyboard split set to F#2
I have tried initialising the keyboard several times, but no good.

Help please Dan  :D :D :D :D

ovation99

Okay, solved it. Despite updating firmware, it still wouldn't work over USB.
Used midi out to a midi interface via WIDI and all OK
Dodgy usb, could be electrical or software and took me 24 hours to establish that I've been sold a heap of crap !!
You live and learn  >:(

Dan

This keyboard comes with a USB dongle and can communicate with the PC wireless?

If you need some help to setup, let me know

ovation99

Hi Dan,
Yes it does communicate wirelessly (WIDI) and that's that's the only way it will communicate, as the USB is useless!
I tried it with Cakewalk Sonar and the result was the same, so I know it's not the VArranger2, it's just the USB. I do connect a USB cable, but purely to power the keyboard.
The only way I can get 2 way communication is to use it connected to a Lexicon Lambda midi interface (yet another link in the chain)
There must be a faulty USB unless I'm missing something and I updated firmware to v2.0

Dan

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/perform-hard-reset-cme-uf-series-keyboard/

By the way, CME seems to be a very bad company... regarding support of old products

ovation99

Hi Dan,
Yes I found out about the bad support AFTER I bought the keyboard.
However, I have ordered a Roland UM One Mk2 midi interface and will use that and see how it goes.
I may go back to my M-Audio Axiom if the CME UF60 does not come up to the mark.
Al

Dan

What was your idea when buying the CME vs Axiom?
Better touch response?

ovation99

Hi Dan,
The Axiom developed the Blue Screen of Death, a well known problem on the web.
As there are no spares available, I found a way to make it work again, although you need to fit another switch, but hey it works.
As far as the UF60 is concerned, it does have after touch and you can program 3 sets of layers and it does have a nice feel to the keyboard bed.
At this rate, I shall end up with a roomful of semi working keyboards  :-[
Talking of after touch, is there a way to activate this in VA2?

Al

Dan

You don't need layers on the keyboard.

The Layers are set inside vArranger

The aftertouch is already activated in vArranger

ovation99

Hi Dan,
Sorry what I meant was not voice layers but layers for different button/faders which effectively triples the number of those items by just selecting a different layer, if that makes sense.

Dan