News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

HOW CAN I SAVE TEXT WINDOW POSITION?

Started by jbg31792, December 26, 2014, 07:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

I can save window position on SONG CHORDS by right clicking mouse, but this doesn't seem to work with the text window.

Is there a way to save the text window position?

It covers up the panic bar, and every time I change song chords I have to manually drag  text screen down to show panic bar.

Thank you,

John

jbg31792

Dan, in song chords, can you adjust and and save the window position of the lyrics/text window so that the PANIC button will always be visible at the top of vArranger screen?

Thank you,

John

tthoms

Hello,
on 26.Dezember 2014 I described the same problem to Dan with the following  mail:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Dan,

now I'm trying to optimize the infrastructure that I need for a GIG. The goal is to have a tablet PC with a 17" screen (for example HP ENVY 17-j170nz). I'm able to fix the position and size  of  my song-library-application-window within the va2, with functions "always on top" and "fix the geometry", like shown in picture 1. With the properties function the last geometry attributes are stored on closing the application, so the next time on start the position and size is the same as before. That's looks then very nice (picture 1 ).

But now if I start the song, the scores are shown every time docked on the right/bottom side in the given size (picture 2). This will happens every time I load a song. I can then position the score like shown in picture 3. In this position I can the control the songs, the sounds , and most of the live functions control with touching the buttons during playing even with the scores displaying. That is really very nice!

Unfortunately the last position and size of the scores/text window is not saved, so the next time when I load the same song, the scores are shown as in picture2. Is there a possibility to fix the geometry (position and size) of the score/text window as I did it in my song library application?
Thank you for an answer.
Kind regards
Thom

picture1

picture2

picture3

Dan

I will allow to save a fixed lyrics windows position

Lylo

jbg31792

Thank you Dan for letting us know that at the present vArranger will not save the fixed lyrics position. And that you will correct this in a future update.

Also, thank you Thom for your excellent illustration.

John

Dan

Now you can save the lyrics/score window position

jbg31792

That is amazing Dan, that your new update included saving the lyrics and score window position.

Thank you so much,

John

tthoms

Hello Dan,
suppi....  :)
now it's perfect for me. Is that right, that the size of the text window is not changeable to any value? There will be allways a fixed ratio to width and high. Is that right? For me it is no problem it is only nice to know it.
Thank you Dan for your special services and your great work.
Kind regards
Thom

Dan

If you associate a RTF file, then you can change the font, size, colors, etc.... like in WordPad

tthoms

Hello Dan,
o.k. thank you so far for the answer. I think scores have a tiff or pdf format and could therefore not save the size within the va2. So what you mean is that a lyrics (text) file can shown as an rtf file and allows to store the mentioned attributes. As I explained in the message before, for me it is not a problem, but I think this behaviour should be described in the help file (mediawiki?), shouldn't it?.
Thank you Dan.
Thom

Dan

The new save window position should be used this way :

resize the lyrics window to the maximum size you want to allow it to be and then + SAVE WINDOW POSITION

The score will continue to autoresize and leave the same width/height ratio as the original score, but will never go out the square you have defined.

tthoms

Hello Dan
thank you for the more detailed description of the behaviour of the score display.

Thom